How to embed a Google Form?
Google Forms is a popular tool for creating online forms, quizzes and surveys. It's easy to use and accessible to everyone from Developers, Marketing Professionals and Businesses to Individuals. But do you know how to embed Google Forms on your website, emails, and social media platforms? Embedding your google forms makes it even easier for people to fill out your forms without having to click on a link. In this article we'll explain how to do it, whether you're a tech pro or just starting out, let's learn how to embed a Google Form in 3 ways.
Method 1: How to Embed Google Forms on Your Website
Embedding Google Forms on your website can automate the way you collect information, interact with visitors, and enhance user engagement. This method offers an efficient way to integrate forms directly into your webpages.
- Choose Your Form: Begin by selecting the Google Form you want to embed. If you don't have one, create it using Google Forms.
- Open Your Form: Open the form and click on the "Send" button in the upper right corner.
- Embed Icon: You'll see an icon that looks like "< >" for embedding. Click on it.
- Customize Dimensions: Adjust the width and height of your embedded form to fit your website's design. You can do this manually or choose from preset dimensions.
- Copy the Code: Google will generate an HTML code. Simply copy it.
- Add to Your Website: Now, go to your website's editor and paste the code where you want the form to appear.
- Save and Publish: Don't forget to save your changes and publish your website.
Method 2: How to Embed Google Forms in Emails
Embedding Google Forms in the email offers an easy way for users to fill in the details right from the email itself without any need for external links.
- Choose Your Form: Start by selecting the Google Form you want to embed or create a new one if needed.
- Open Your Form: Once you've got your form ready, click on the "Send" button located in the upper right corner.
- Email Icon: You'll notice an email icon that says "Email" – give it a click.
- Customize Email: Compose your email, and then click the icon that resembles a form to insert your Google Form directly into the email body.
- Recipient List: Add your recipients and finalize the email as you normally would.
- Send It: Hit the send button to deliver your email with the embedded form.
Embedding Google Forms in emails is a simple method to gather information that improves user experience by eliminating the need to open external links. It's a convenient method for direct engagement. It is important to note that email sending restrictions may apply in certain cases. Some email services limit the number of emails you can send in a day, causing an issue for larger surveys.
Method 3: How to Embed Google Forms with a Link
Sharing Google Forms through links on social media or blog posts is an excellent way to extend your reach. This method offers convenience, allowing you to penetrate the target audience.
- Choose Your Form: Begin by selecting the Google Form you want to share or create a new one.
- Open Your Form: Once your form is ready, click the "Send" button at the top-right corner.
- Get Link: In the window that appears, click on the "Link" icon.
- Customize Permissions: Choose who can access your form through the link. You can make it available to anyone, only people within your organization, or specific individuals. Adjust the settings to suit your needs.
- Copy the Link: Google will generate a shareable link. Click "Copy" to save it to your clipboard.
- Shorten the Link (Optional): To make sharing even more straightforward, you can select the “Shorten URL” checkbox to create a shorter, more manageable link.
- Share It: Now, you can share this link on social media, in blog posts, or via any platform of your choice.
Sharing Google Forms via links is an incredibly flexible approach. It helps you reach a broad audience or restrict access if needed. It's a practical way to ensure your forms are readily available to those interested, wherever they are online.
What are the Limitations of Google Forms?
- No E-signature Field: Google Forms cannot collect digital signatures from respondents directly.
- Limited Templates: Google Forms offer only a handful of template options suitable for simple use cases.
- Limited Customization Options: There are few themes available, and you cannot create custom form themes from scratch.
- No Branding Features: Forms may not seamlessly integrate with your website's design, lacking brand consistency.
- Poor User Experience: Google Forms use iframes, resulting in fixed content sizes. Longer forms require users to awkwardly scroll.
- Inconsistent Behavior: Google Forms may display differently in various browsers and on mobile devices, potentially leading to a poor user experience.
Formester: The Best Google Form Alternative
Although, Google Forms has its merits, it's essential to explore alternatives that offer a more streamlined experience without the limitations.
Formester stands out as a strong alternative with features like E-Signature support, extensive template library, customizable themes, branding capabilities and powerful analytics. It is a solution that simplifies form-building while offering a feature-rich experience that aligns with the demands of modern form building.
How to Embed Formester Forms
With Formester, embedding and sharing your forms is a hassle-free process:
- Activate Your Form: In the Publish section of Formester, activate your form, making it accessible for viewing and submission.
- Create a Website Button: Add the form link to a button on your website.
- Share on Social Networks: For wider outreach, share a direct link to your form on social networks.
- Use the Auto-Generated Embed Code: Copy auto-generated embed code and paste it onto your desired web page without requiring any coding skills.
- No Additional Server Setup: Don't worry about setting up complex server integrations as everything will be processed through Formester's software.
In conclusion, Google Forms is the most popular platform for survey and form building but comes with its own set of limitations. Formester offers advanced features for a more versatile experience. We encourage you to explore both options, choosing the one that best suits your specific needs.